We specialize in working with CEOs, but many of our clients have us engage with their entire leadership team. One aspect I enjoy most about working with these executives is showing them the potential of LinkedIn.
Often, their perception of LinkedIn was formed years ago when LinkedIn was primarily a resume database. They believe that since they are not looking for a job, there’s no need to have a strong LinkedIn presence.
I absolutely love showing them what’s possible on LinkedIn now, including how to:
- Use your LinkedIn profile to educate people about you and your business before a meeting, so your time together can be more productive.
- Use LinkedIn to make your leadership style and culture more visible, so your team is more attractive to prospective hires.
- Share thought leadership through LinkedIn blog posts, updates, and videos, so your ideas reach more people.
- Maintain mindshare and keep your many business relationships fresh, despite not having had the opportunity to connect in person for the past couple of years.
- Build a richer profile to become more findable in your areas of expertise, so you receive offers to join a board.
One of the best ways to help executives appreciate the potential is to show them LinkedIn profiles of executives similar to themselves who have a rich, powerful presence on LinkedIn and are fully leveraging the capabilities of the platform.
We have compiled updated lists, fresh for 2022, of executives who excel on LinkedIn:
- Chief Executive Officers
- Chief Revenue Officers and Vice Presidents of Sales
- Chief Marketing Officers and Vice Presidents of Marketing
- Chief Operating Officers
- Chief Financial Officers
- Chief Human Resources Officers and Vice Presidents of HR
Take a look at the ways they are using LinkedIn – there are many ideas you can leverage for your own presence.