I’m a little late to the party with this book – I bought it a long time ago and carried it around in my beach bag for at least two summers, intending to read it and somehow never did. But I found it again and once I started reading, couldn’t put it down. I love this book!
Tim Sanders is the most amazing person – I took notes all the way through the book. It is packed with great ideas.
I want to be a lovecat. (If you read the book, you know what that means.)
I’m going to start by sharing this book with you.
Here are some of my favorite takeaways:
- The world is run on the combination of knowledge, networks, and compassion. Knowledge by itself isn’t sufficient. It only becomes valuable when you share it with your network.
- Everyone needs to know something new, be connected to someone new, and get an affirmation that they are a good person.
- The value of having you involved in a situation needs to be greater than the value without you – don’t be a value vampire – add value wherever you go.
- The transparency brought about by social media means that being a good person matters.
- Use your products as props and your services as a stage to deliver a compelling experience. Become the equivalent of a human theme park.
These are all themes that resonate very deeply with me – that we’re trying to put into practice as we build out our new products and services. You can get a sneak preview here. I’m very excited about what we’re doing and I’m looking forward to sharing it with you. Stay tuned…