We’ve been working on some free email courses to help clients (and prospective clients) learn more about managing specific types of marketing.
The idea is that the more you know about what to expect and how the process works, the easier it will be to manage someone doing that work for you, and the better your results will be.
The first course is almost ready…
It’s How to Manage Public Relations.
The idea is that you get 10 email lessons (one per day for 10 days). Most people will be able to read each email in less than 2 minutes.
So in 20 minutes total you will learn a whole lot about how to manage someone who is doing PR for you.
Those 10 emails cover:
1. Before you begin – what you need to understand before getting started
2. How much will it cost?
3. What info to gather – what information are you going to need to provide to your PR rep for them to do the work
4. What to look for in someone you hire to do PR – what personality, skills and experience you need
5. Interview questions – what to ask to tell if the PR person you are talking to knows what s/he is doing
6. The process – what steps are they going to go through in doing the work
7. Status reports – what kind of status reports should you ask for
8. Questions to ask – what questions should you ask in meetings to make sure things are going well and keep the work on track
9. Avoiding problems – common problems that occur with PR, how to identify them early, what to do, and how to prevent them in the first place
10. What if you have no budget – things you can do (by yourself or outsource) when your budget is $500 or less
We don’t have the course set up in the autoresponder yet, but if you’d like to see it I can send it to you in a Word doc.
But you have to promise to give me feedback!
Or you can check back in a week or two, when it should be available on our website.
If you’d like to see it now, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.