Effective September 14, 2018
Information We Collect
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our services.
When you visit our website, download resources, or sign up for an event, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal information that can be used to contact or identify you, which may include, but is not limited to your first and last name and your email address.
We use marketing automation software and may also collect information about how you accessed and used our website or services. This usage data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, browser version, pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data. You can opt-out by turning off cookies in your browser settings, but by doing so, may find that certain functions of our website may not work as you expect.
The LinkedIn Insight Tag enables the collection of metadata such as IP address information, timestamp, and events such as page views. All data is encrypted. The LinkedIn browser cookie is stored in a visitor’s browser until they delete the cookie or the cookie expires (there’s a rolling six-month expiration from the last time the visitor’s browser loaded the Insight Tag).
When you contract for our services and become a client, we may ask you for additional personal and business information, including telephone and street address, business analytics and client lists, billing details, your financial history with us, and other information to help us serve you and to facilitate invoicing and payment.
Use of Your Information
ProResource uses the collected data to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our service
- Notify you about changes to our service
- Provide customer care and support
- Monitor the usage of the service
- Detect, prevent, and address technical issues
- Share news and helpful information about social media with you
- Promote our services to you
Sharing Your Information
In general, we do not share your information with our partners or other third parties. If you become a client, and our work for you requires a third-party vendor, we will not share your information without asking specific and timely consent from you.
Security of Your Information
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we put in place appropriate security measures to protect your data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
ECPA Notice. This site treats email messages and other electronic messages that are sent through this site and not viewable by others as confidential and private, except as required by law, including without limitation, the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986, 18 U.S.C. Sections 2701-2711 (the “ECPA”).
The ECPA permits this site’s limited ability to intercept and/or disclose electronic messages, for example (i) as necessary to operate our system or to protect our rights or property, (ii) upon legal demand (court orders, warrants, subpoenas), or (iii) where we receive information inadvertently which appears to pertain to the commission of a crime. This site is not considered a “secure communications medium” under the ECPA.
Disclosure of Data
ProResource may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of ProResource, Inc.
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Transfer of Data
Your information, including personal data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data to United States and process it there.
We currently do not share personal data with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We may employ third-party companies and individuals to facilitate or provide service on our behalf, to perform service-related functions or to assist us in analyzing how our service is used. These third parties have access to your personal data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Links to Other Sites
We are committed to preserving online privacy for all of its website visitors, including children. This site is a general audience site. Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), we will not knowingly collect any information from, or sell to, children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian who has discovered that your child under the age of 13 has submitted his or her personally identifiable information without your permission or consent, we will remove the information from our active list, at your request. To request the removal of your child’s information, please send contact our site as provided below under “Contact Us”, and be sure to include in your message the same login information that your child submitted.
Proof of Consent
ProResource will store proof of consent to demonstrate that the consent of personally identifiable information (PII) was collected. The records will show:
- When consent was provided
- Who provided the consent
- What the preferences were at the time of collection
- Which legal or privacy notice was presented with at the time of the consent collection
- Which consent collection form they were presented with at the time of the collection
Your Rights to Access and Control Your Personal Data
You can access or delete your personal data. You have many choices about how your data is collected, used and shared. For personal data that we have about you:
- Delete Data: You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data (e.g., if it is no longer necessary to provide services to you).
- Change or Correct Data: You can also ask us to change, update or fix your data in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate.
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Data: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your personal data (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g., if your personal data is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
- Right to Access and/or Take Your Data: You can ask us for a copy of your personal data and can ask for a copy of personal data you provided in machine readable form.
- Email Opt-Out Rights: If you supply us with your email address, you may receive periodic messages from us with information specific to the site and required for the normal functioning of the site as well as for new products, services, or upcoming events. If you prefer not to receive periodic email messages, you may opt-out by following the instructions on the email.
You may contact us using the information below, and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
4041 University Drive, Suite 402
Fairfax, VA, 22030 USA
Telephone: +1 703-824-8482
Last Edited on September 14, 2018