Are you looking to raise your profile in your industry and position yourself as a thought leader? When you are seen as a thought leader, more people will take your calls, offer you speaking engagements, and quote you. Here are six ways to use LinkedIn to raise your profile:
1. Start by sharing articles about industry trends. Show that you are on top of the latest news and give people information they can use. This keeps your name in front of your network.
2. Use blog posts to share your ideas, vision, perspective and insights. While sharing other people’s content (see #1) is a good way to demonstrate expertise, to truly be seen as a thought leader you need to offer your own unique content. (We recommend one blog post per month.)
3. Get people comfortable with you through live video. Educate and entertain, help people feel like they know you.
4. Build relationships with influencers. Add intelligent comments to a thought leader’s blog post or update, and you’ll get on their radar. Regularly sharing their content is also a way to build name recognition.
5. Put video clips and photos from your speaking engagements on your LinkedIn profile. This shows that you are open to speaking engagements and lets people see for themselves how dynamic you are.
6. When articles are written by or about you, add them to the Publications section on your LinkedIn profile. If it is a really good article or interview, add it to your summary or current job as an upload. This validates your expertise for people who are viewing your profile and makes it easy for reporters who find your profile to see that you are a known expert.
Want to Talk?
Let’s talk about what you want to accomplish, and we’ll provide some free advice about using LinkedIn to raise your profile in your industry. Schedule a 15-minute call here. Whether or not we end up doing business, you will come away from the call with insights about personal branding that will be useful to you.