MBA Mom? Join Our Team
Are you a mom who left the workforce to raise your kids?
You used to have a high-powered job – maybe you were in business development, marketing, engineering or tech. But you stepped out of the 9-5 grind to be a great mom.
Now your kids are a little older and you’re looking for part-time work with flexible hours.
Or maybe you have a different reason for wanting to work part-time – perhaps you’re a caregiver or you’re getting an advanced degree. Whatever the reason, a 9-5 job isn’t going to work for you right now.
Just to be clear, you don’t have to be a mom or an MBA – we look for smart people who have significant business experience and want to work part-time.
ProResource works with independent consultants who set their own hours and work on their own schedule.
We are looking for people to fill the following roles:
- Business Development
- LinkedIn Coach/Trainer
- LinkedIn Profile Writer
- Blog Writer
Can you sell technology entrepreneurs, CEOs, senior sales executives and lawyers on the value of getting help with social media?
We are looking for people to sell our executive branding services, blog copywriting, LinkedIn profile makeovers, LinkedIn coaching and training.
Are you a LinkedIn expert who would rather spend your time teaching people how to use LinkedIn than looking for new clients?
You will be coaching senior executives one-on-one, and providing LinkedIn training onsite and via webinar to sales executives.
LinkedIn Profile Writer
Do you have a journalism background?
Do you like to help people tell their story?
As a LinkedIn Profile Writer, you are responsible for crafting strong LinkedIn profiles for our clients:
- Interviewing the client to gather information about their professional experience, current position, and goals for using LinkedIn,
- Understanding how to fit their story into the 26 sections of the LinkedIn profile,
- Writing a compelling and keyword-rich profile in the client’s voice,
- Working with the client to get changes approved and update the profile,
- Ensuring that the project stays on time and on budget.
Most of our profiles are written for CEOs, thought leaders and senior sales executives who are building a strong personal brand on LinkedIn. We do a lot of work with technology executives – experience with enterprise software or IT services is a plus. We are also looking for writers who can write interesting profiles for lawyers and accountants.
We look for people who are great writers, love telling stories, have a passion for correct grammar, care about getting the details right, and work well independently.
Are you a freelance writer with a journalism background?
Can you write in an interesting and entertaining way, maintaining the client’s style and turn of phrase?
As a blog writer, you will be writing blog posts for our clients. Most often you will re-purpose content or do research to obtain the information needed for the blog post. For some posts you will interview the client or one of their customers.
Blog posts are typically 500-750 words. You will need to craft a compelling headline and engaging first paragraph. You’ll tell the story in a way that educates and entertains – and is keyword-rich. Then you’ll end with a strong call to action.
Are you sometimes tempted to take a red pen to letters the school sends home, advertisements, menus, and even Facebook posts?
If you have a passion for great writing, and a burning desire to see everyone write with perfect grammar, punctuation, spelling and capitalization, you are in the right place.
Editors are responsible for editing LinkedIn profiles and blog posts. We need you to proofread and make sure we catch typos before the files go to clients for review.
For All Roles…
- You must have an up-to-date professional profile on LinkedIn and know how to use LinkedIn.
- We expect proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization, even in emails.
- You must be highly proficient with Microsoft Word. For example, you need to be able to track changes and use comments.
- You must be comfortable using Microsoft Excel, Google Docs, Dropbox, Google Drive and webmail.
- You must be detail-oriented and organized, reliable and responsible, and able to work well independently.
- You must have your own laptop, with access to high-speed Internet.
- You need strong verbal communication skills and a good phone presence.
- You are an independent contractor, working 20 hours a week. You need to have a business license, and be set up to pay all of the appropriate taxes.
Why join ProResource?
- You will be helping entrepreneurs and executives build their businesses. We work with interesting people who are passionate about what they do.
- You work with a team – whether you are in the office or not, you’re part of a group of people who work together to make a difference in a client’s business.
- There’s always more to learn – you can move between roles on your team, take on more responsibility and explore different areas.
- You will become an advanced user of LinkedIn.
Read about our mission, beliefs, value & rules.
Does that sound like a fit for you?
If it does, send an email to email@example.com. Use the subject line “Interested in joining ProResource.” Tell us what role would be a fit for you and why. Please include a link to your LinkedIn profile. (If your resume has more information than your LinkedIn profile, you can attach that. But your LinkedIn profile should have all of the same information plus writing or work samples.)